Patch Cable in the balance.
We stock a range of balanced, mic, stereo cable at Cable For Musicians, four of which we use as our standard for mic and balanced requirements. These are the Sommer SC-Stage 22, SC-Club MKII, SC-Source, and SC-Primus. Each of these microphone cables has been designed with the nuance of different playing environments in mind.
The Stage 22 mic cable is a highly flexible cable that we use as a standard microphone or balanced connection for our patch cables. We have used it for years as a gigging cable and its thick outer jacket ensures that it can take the rigours of stage work.
The Club MKII mic/balanced cable is constructed to have outstanding transmission qualities. It is a highly flexible mic cable suited to stage and studio however it is categorised FRNC making it suitable for stage venue installation.
The Source mic cable is a studio grade mic cable with 100% shielding. It is highly regarded by studio professionals and is built to work as a microphone cable that can live easily in busy EM environments. Cables with similar qualities to the source are on the market at more than double the sale price at Cable For Musicians.
The Primus microphone cable contains 2 x 500mm(2) cores and was designed as a cable that can hold signal integrity over long runs of cable. It has 100% shielding and while flexible, it has an outer jacket that can live with extremely rough environments. It will happily lwork on stage, in the studio, or in outside broadcast environments.
No blood running through those veins…
but yet a whole lot of life. A wire gauge of 2 x 0,34 mm² is impressive and the electrical data speaks for itself. A cable that provides great performance data at an excellent price, used for stage and studio settings. The large cross section and the low capacitance guarantee outstanding transmission quality, even over longer distances. The shielding, made of bare copper wires has a 95 % optical coverage (instead of the usual 85 %). The robust, rubberlike, matt outer sleeve is preferred by performing musicians and guarantees outstanding flexibility even in lowest temperatures.
High transmission quality through the use of oxygen-free copper stranding with a large wire gauge of 2 x0,34 mm²
Very low capacitance due to PE insulation
Good shielding due to the dense Cu mesh screen
High flexibility makes it easy to reel
– Stage application
– Studio operation
– Permanent Installation
– Properties: OFC oxygen free copper
– Properties: Analog
– Application area: Stage / live
– Application area: ELA 100 V
– Application area: Installation
– Application area: Studio / Broadcast
– Application: Microphone Cable
– Colour: black
– Colour detailed: black
– Signal transmission: symmetrical
– Jacket material: PVC
– Jacket Ø: 6,5 mm
– Number of Channels (audio): 1
– Inner conductor (audio): 2
– Inner conductor (audio): 0,34 mm²
– Inner conductor Ø (audio): 0,66 mm
– AWG (audio): 22
– Shielding: Copper braided shielding with 0.10 mm indiv. strands
– Copper strands (audio): 19
– Copper strand Ø (audio): 0,15 mm
– Conductor insulation material: PE
– Conductor insulation Ø: 1,5 mm
– Weight per 1 m: 50 g
– UV-resistant: yes
– Fire load per m: 0,22 kWh
– Style variant: round
– Shielding factor: 95 %
– Packing: 500 m spool
– Packing: 100 m spool
– Temperature min.: -25 °C
– Temperature max.: 70 °C
– Width: 6,5 mm
– Height: 6,5 mm
– Capac. cond./cond. per 1 m (audio): 58 pF
– Capac. cond./shield. per 1 m (audio): 115 pF
– Impedance: 100 Ω
– Insulation resist. per 1 km: 1 GΩ
– Insulation resist. per 1 km (audio): 1 GΩ
– Conductor resistance per 1 km: 55 Ω
– Shield. resistance per 1 km: 25 Ω
– BPVo-Euroclass: Fca