All in the balance.
We stock a range of balanced, mic, stereo cable at Cable For Musicians, four of which we use as our standard for mic and balanced requirements. These are the Sommer SC-Stage 22, SC-Club MKII, SC-Source, and SC-Primus. Each of these microphone cables has been designed with the nuance of different playing environments in mind.
The Stage 22 mic cable is a highly flexible cable that we use as a standard microphone or balanced connection for our patch cables. We have used it for years as a gigging cable and its thick outer jacket ensures that it can take the rigours of stage work.
The Club MKII mic/balanced cable is constructed to have outstanding transmission qualities. It is a highly flexible mic cable suited to stage and studio however it is categorised FRNC making it suitable for stage venue installation.
The Source mic cable is a studio grade mic cable with 100% shielding. It is highly regarded by studio professionals and is built to work as a microphone cable that can live easily in busy EM environments. Cables with similar qualities to the source are on the market at more than double the sale price at Cable For Musicians.
The Primus microphone cable contains 2 x 500mm(2) cores and was designed as a cable that can hold signal integrity over long runs of cable. It has 100% shielding and while flexible, it has an outer jacket that can live with extremely rough environments. It will happily lwork on stage, in the studio, or in outside broadcast environments.
The hymns of praise by cable…
Specialists make this cable a top seller. This microphone cable was originally developed for the makers of studio microphones like BPM and Schoeps. Their high quality standards helped us produce a professional and yet affordable studio microphone cable. SC-Source MKII is 100 % shielded by a tight Cu braid and a robust fleece woven around the wire pairs. The fleece is vaporized on both sides with a conductive aluminum coating. This ensures that even with heavy-duty use the 100 % shielding remains unchanged. This cable should be used where electric sources can affect the audio and data transfer. Cables with comparable electrical values cost almost twice as much with other manufacturers! Due to the fine 0,05 mm Cu wires it is a very popular cable for outdoor transmissions and mobile applications.
Neutral and loss-free audio transmission due to special copper strand design
100 % shielding due to dense helical copper mesh screen plus extra AL fleece/AL foil
Professional technology at a budget price
Available in a notch- and cold-resistant PUR version
Professional studio and microphone technology
Outdoor transmission/OB van
Permanent stage application
– Properties: Analog
– Properties: OFC oxygen free copper
– Application area: Stage / live
– Application area: Mobile outdoor / indoor
– Application area: Studio / Broadcast
– Application area: Installation
– Application area: ELA 100 V
– Application: Microphone Cable
– Colour: black
– Colour detailed: black
– Signal transmission: symmetrical
– Jacket material: PVC
– Jacket Ø: 6,5 mm
– Number of Channels (audio): 1
– Inner conductor (audio): 2
– Inner conductor (audio): 0,25 mm²
– Inner conductor Ø (audio): 0,56 mm
– AWG (audio): 23
– Shielding: copper spiral sleeve tin-plated 95 % + AL-fleece
– Shielding factor: 100 %
– Copper strands (audio): 128
– Copper strand Ø (audio): 0,05 mm
– Conductor insulation material: PE
– Conductor insulation Ø: 1,55 mm
– Weight per 1 m: 48 g
– UV-resistant: yes
– Fire load per m: 0,21 kWh
– Style variant: round
– Packing: 100 m spool
– Packing: 500 m spool
– Temperature min.: -25 °C
– Temperature max.: 70 °C
– Width: 6,5 mm
– Height: 6,5 mm
– Capac. cond./cond. per 1 m (audio): 60 pF
– Capac. cond./shield. per 1 m (audio): 110 pF
– Insulation resist. per 1 km: 0,2 GΩ
– Insulation resist. per 1 km (audio): 0,2 GΩ
– Conductor resistance per 1 km: 78 Ω
– Shield. resistance per 1 km: 25 Ω
– BPVo-Euroclass: Fca